Re: sending mail from oracle

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 20:39:19 +0200

<kazelot_at_thenut.eti.pg.gda.pl> wrote in message news:Pine.LNX.4.33.0107022017060.14634-100000_at_thenut.eti.pg.gda.pl...
> My application sends weekly raports through mail based on some tables in
> oracle database. I wrote small aplication that uses Java Mail API.
> I would like to move this functionality to oracle db server.
>
> Is there pl/sql package for sending e-mail? Or I can 'move' my application
> to Oracle server?
>
> Thank for any suggestions,
> kazelot

First of all I echo the sentiment of Thomas Kyte: Why do people never include versions? Is it so difficult to type those 3 digits and two dots?
More and more answers are getting version dependent like this one, which is also a FAQ.

If you are on 8.1.6 and higher you can use the utl_smtp package for this purpose. The package sends an e-mail and that's it, don't expect any gadgets.
You could of course also use a Java stored procedure in the database, thus retaining current code.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Jul 02 2001 - 13:39:19 CDT