Re: Undelete records

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:07:41 +0100

If you have *not* committed the change then you can rollback the delete. If however you have committed then what you can do depends on how you are backing up your data.

  1. Hot backup.

If this is your situation you can perform an incomplete recovery which will recover the database to its state prior to the delete

2,. Cold backup.

you can only recover to you last good backup.

Of course there is also option 3 rekey the data <g>

HTH

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA