Re: Using C++ with Oracle

From: Justin Cave <jocave_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Jul 2001 13:00:49 -0700

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<tjud6k1gdufq7c_at_beta-news.demon.nl>...

> Please check out Oracle Objects for OLE, which comes *free* with any version
> of Oracle. It is a DAO like *native* interface, which can be called from
> Visual C and Visual Basic. Help files and samples are included. Compared to
> OO4O, ODBC is just a big Pain In The Ass, and it will always be much much
> slower than OO4O.

Nitpicking correction to a very good post-- I believe you mean to say "It is an ADO <not DAO> like *native* interface...". DAO is an old interface Microsoft built on top of ODBC. ADO is a successor to DAO, built around OLE DB. OO4O is Oracle's answer to ADO.

Justin Cave Received on Mon Jul 02 2001 - 15:00:49 CDT