Re: cannot see tables

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:08:40 -0700

Dave Nixon wrote:

> Hi
> I have imported 15 tables into the system user schema. When I logon to the
> databse as system/manager using the oracle odbc test i can connect ok but
> cannot see any tables when I click on 'user tables'. However if I do a query
> on a table that I know exists in the system users schema i get results.
> I can see other users tables when I logon as them..eg scott's tables are
> visible.
> Any ideas
> Dave

Your language is someone difficult to understand. But if a table exists but you can not see it you are either logged on as the wrong user or, as the object's owner, need to grant privileges to the user you are using. Remember that the actual name of an object is owner.object_name. So unless you create synonyms you may need to do something like:

SELECT *
FROM schema_name.object_name;

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Fri Jun 29 2001 - 15:08:40 CDT