Re: How to increase the number of threads.

From: Student <kennylim_at_techie.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 18:05:58 -0700

Good Evening,

I am wondering if anyone knows how to increase the number of threads available in a parallel database ? When I created the database, I seem to have
only 1 thread.

alter database add logfile thread 2 group 21 '/dev/raw8' size 10M; alter database add logfile thread 2 group 22 '/dev/raw9' size 10M;

SQL> alter database add logfile thread 2 group 2 1 '/dev/raw8' size 10M *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01611: thread number 2 is invalid - must be between 1 and 1 <=====How Can I increase to 4 ?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Student- Received on Fri Jun 29 2001 - 20:05:58 CDT