Re: MS Access usefulness and size restrictions

From: Greg Williams <gregw1_at_airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:02:58 -0500

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:07:56 -0700, "Daniel A. Morgan" <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com> wrote:

>And which part of the fact that this was posted in usenet groups named comp.databases.oracle did someone miss?
>If you pour out gasoline and start creating sparks ... don't complain when you start a fire.

Well, apparently you're missing that it was also posted to the Access & SQL Server newsgroups as well. Many professional Access developers (such as Larry Linson) have attempted to provide well reasoned, intelligent responses to correct the misinformation about the true capabilities of Access and when it should or shouldn't be used, only to be countered by people, who though they may be experts in their respective fields, have continually demonstrated that they don't have a clue about Access and are unwilling to budge from snap decisions based on isolated instances of databases obviously developed by people who did not know what they were doing. I personally had hoped this inter-group flame war was over a couple of weeks ago.

>I think we have wasted enough electrons on this. Agreed?

Definitely. More than enough.

--
Greg Williams