Re: Installproblem of Oracle 9i Server Demo on Sun Blade 100 Solaris 8

From: Michael Wagner <wagnerm_at_segue.at>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:16:29 +0200

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I have insert in the /etc/system file some kernel parameter and after that all works. Her my system file

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967296
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=200
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=20
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=200
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=200
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=40000
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=200
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767

Mike
Alexandros Gougousoudis <ag_at_aloha-systeme.de> wrote in message news:3b38547e_at_news.blinx.de...
> Hi,
>
> I've recently downloaded the demo of Oracle 9i Server and try to install
 it
> (both standard and enterprise edition) on our Sun Blade 100 with Solaris
 8.
> I tried it 4 times now, and it didn't work. I used the installation wizard
> to install the database. Everything runs fine until the point where it
 wants
> to create and start an Oracle instance. The percentbar is at 50% and thats
> all, it doesn't go further, but CPU is at 100% busy, HD is not working.
 The