Re: ORA-12545 under Win2kPro

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:49:22 -0500

Perhaps the dns lookup is failing ( check your dns configuration) - try the ***ed step below

ORA-12545 ORA-12545Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

Cause:The address specified is not valid, or the program being connected to does not exist.

Action:Ensure the ADDRESS parameters have been entered correctly; the most likely incorrect parameter is the node name. Ensure that the executable for the server exists (perhaps "oracle" is missing.) ***** If the protocol is TCP/IP, edit the TNSNAMES.ORA file to change the host name to a numeric IP address and try again. *