Re: export question

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2001 07:06:12 -0700

In article <3b39833f$1_at_news.home.net.pl>, "Marcin says...

>What is the best way to export the whole schema without one table (quite big
>log table)?
>I'm looking for other solution than doing two complementary exports:
>1) the whole schema without table data (user export)
>2) all tables I need with data (table export with TABLES exp parameter).
>
>Marcin Kaczmarek

If you have Oracle8i (why doesn't anyone ever seem to post versions?) you can setup fine grained access control on this table with a predicate function that looks something like:

  if ( user = USER_DOING_EXPORT )
  then

        return '1=0';
  else

        return NULL;
  end if;

Then the user doing the export (note that you cannot use SYS in this case as SYS) will see no rows.

See
http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/article2/index.html for more info.