Re: Just Installed But Now Shrugging

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 23:57:34 -0500

do NOT use username SYSTEM to create any tables, and do NOT create any tables in the SYSTEM tablespace.

(note: oracle will let you do this, but you'll regret it later.)

instead, create a user, set tablespace quotas for the user, and grant appropriate privileges to the user, and connect as the new user to start creating tables.

for an example, see the SCOTT username/schema.