Re: Connecting Oracle 8i from NT Client without ODBC

From: SPaquin <stephane_paquin_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2001 13:34:59 -0700

"Bertrand LEBIN" <blebin_at_free.fr> wrote in message news:<_w3_6.7344$9N.2996339_at_nnrp6.proxad.net>...
> Hi
>
> Do you know how can we connect to an Oracle 8i Server Database
> with Visual Basic Code without declaring an ODBC connection ?
>

> If you have the native access writen in Visual Basic,
> I would appreciate
>
> Thanks

 You can use RDS Remote Data Service on an IIS platform. You install SQL*Net on that platform and afterward, you use ADO only. No ODBC, no SQL*Net driver on the
client, sharing of connections. I personnally use this stuff. Look at able-consulting.com. Great site.

Good luck
Stéphane Received on Tue Jun 26 2001 - 15:34:59 CDT