Re: Newbie needs rescue please!

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 22:24:25 GMT

It has nothing to do with a default install. Oracle has user default and temporary tablespaces that will be used unless you tell Oracle differently. When you created user TLINKDBA you neglected to set a default and temporary tablespace for that user. So Oracle fell back on its default settings. This same thing would have happened and will happen again no matter what kind of install you do. Always set default and temporary tablespaces for any users who will own objects.