Delete a database instance

From: emiliosciacca <emiliosciacca_at_inwind.it>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 23:11:07 GMT

Dear Friends,

I 've just installed for the first time oracle 8i on Windows NT and created two new databases. Having observed that they are very much disk space consuming I've tried to delete them, using the " Database Configuration Assistant".
Unfortunately It gave me an error message, but I said to go on deleting. The result is that I don't see anymore these instances in the " Database Configuration Assistant", but I still have on the disk all the relative files. I read that probably the problem is that the correct SID must be set in the shell from which the " Database Configuration Assistant" is started. Otherwise,I read , that something similar to my problem can happen. Please Help me to delete them because they consumed all the free space I had to work.
Thanks, Emilio Received on Tue Jun 26 2001 - 18:11:07 CDT