Re: UNIX/ORACLE Newbie Help

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 22:50:56 -0700

Earle wrote:

> Hi,
> I am accesing oracle's pl/sql shell through
> a telnet shell for the first time and would
> like to view existing pl/sql packages on the system.
> How should I do this? And then how could I store them
> in a file in UNIX so that I can open them in an editor,
> like emacs or vi? thank you!

It isn't quite that simple. You need to get the source DDL from outside of the database as it can not be obtained, via an editor (like vi or emacs), from inside. Obtaining it from inside involves querying data dictionary tables and reconstructing it line by line in a query whose results would then need to be spooled to a file.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sat Jun 23 2001 - 00:50:56 CDT