Win98 install locks up with WINOLDAP

From: John Perkins <jperkins_at_cwcom.zap.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 19:00:11 +0100

Hi,

Has anyone any info on why the OUI locks up in phase 2 when it gets to

"Oracle Database Configuration Assistant ........in progress"

It opens a DOS window then "The program encountered an invalid page exception." Fault location: 0028: 6E69625C or similar. Interrupts in service: None.

PC is DELL Dimension PIII 550, Win 98 SE, 128 Mb RAM, 500 Mb virtual RAM, 2GB free space on Drive D, Personal Oracle Release 2, 8.1.6 for Windows 98. The problem appeasrs to be caused by Winoldap, a 16 bit component of the DOS window. I've tried with a DOS window minimized but the new one still locks up. Has Oracle not seen this problem? The MS KB articles don't offer a solution.

Also, after rebooting and running Oracle Database Config Assistant to create the sample DB, I cannot test it using Scott/Tiger (only SYS or SYSTEM id), and no modules/packages are created. The error is..

ERROR:
ORA-01035: ORACLE only available to users with RESTRICTED SESSION privilege

Can't find any info from Google searches or the documenation...guess I shall have to run BUILDALL.SQL from Svrmgrl ?

TIA
John Received on Fri Jun 22 2001 - 13:00:11 CDT