Changing password

From: Clemens Hoffmann <choffmann_at_heeg.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:28:15 +0200

Hi,

when changing the password of the connected user twice in one session (witout reconnecting to the databse) using

    alter user <user_name> identified by <password>

the password gets corrupted and it is not possible to login with this user and the second password.

I know that this is a bug in our application. We changed it that the application automatically reconnects to the database when the password is changed.

I just want to know what happened to the password when calling alter user twice in the same session. We user 8.1.6.

    Clemens Hoffmann Received on Fri Jun 22 2001 - 08:28:15 CDT