Re: Create Stored Procedure to Return Recordset?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:25:32 +0200

"SR" <shawnjulie007_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:PYMY6.252347$Z2.2971273_at_nnrp1.uunet.ca...
> I'm attempting to migrate a simple database from SQL Server to Oracle
 8.1.7.

> I'm attempting to create a simple Stored Procedure that returns a
 recordset
> to a Visual Basic Program via ADO. The VB side of things is no problem.
> I'm having difficulties with the syntax for the stored procedure in
 Oracle.

> How do you create an Oracle Stored Procedure that returns a set of
 records?

> ie. Stored Procedure that accepts a parameter and runs a SQL statement and
> returns the results?
> (select * from table1 where field1=InputParameter)

Check REF CURSOR in the PL/SQL reference manual. and don't try to port all your Sql Server habits to Oracle, try to learn Oracle (can't be done without a manual)

This question has been answered literally *thousands* of times.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Fri Jun 22 2001 - 17:25:32 CDT