Re: Perl to Oracle connectivity

From: Ian Barwick <SUNGLASSESbarwick_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:56:07 +0200

Markus Stuhlpfarrer wrote:

> no it is quite easy:
> you only need to install the DBD (database driver) module
> and then the DBI::ORACLE
> both you get at www.cpan.org
> never had any problems with it.
> worked great

You also need certain Oracle library files (can't recall offhand which) installed on the same machine as your Perl installation, otherwise DBD::Oracle won't run.

IIRC correctly at least on Linux it should be possible to extract the relevant file(s) from the Oracle installation tar if you don't want to do a full Oracle installation.

Ian Barwick

--
Remove SUNGLASSES to reply ;-)