Re: Need beginner help !!

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 19:43:59 GMT

I'm afraid you are going to be flamed for this - especially since we see this type of question a lot.

Oracle database is not an easy thing for a new person to get started with. The set up is moderately complex (especially when compared to traditional Windows software) and it takes a reasonable committment to maintain. This is the price for having a professional database. (An analogy is a Ford Tempo vs Formula 1 - yes you "could" drive it, but ...)

The answer to your question: the installation process showed several screens with usernames & passwords, along with recommendations to change them. If you did not change them, then the user names and passwords will be

sys change_on_install
system manager
scott tiger (where scott/tiger is the traditional demo user)

Please do yourself a favor and get some Oracle books. At your beginner level, I recommend the one found at http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oressentials/ as a relatively easy introduction to the concepts, letting you then decide what books you will need to use the product effectively.

/Hans