SQL BrainTeaser

From: Krisss <kmbotha_at_netinfo.ubc.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:58:42 GMT

Hi all,

Using Oracle, I'm trying to analyze a table of the form:

id1 id2 value

aa         a1         4
bb         a2         3
cc         a1         6
dd         a3         8
ee         a4        10
ff           a4        10

What I'd like to do is combine rows that have the same id2 (by summing their value). i.e. I want to get is THIS table:

       id2 value

        a1         10
        a2         3
        a3         8
        a4        20

any ideas on how I should go about this using SQL??

Thanks

        Kris Botha Received on Thu Jun 21 2001 - 03:58:42 CDT