Re: Table Sizing

From: Nick P <nick_pope_at_nospamhotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 19:48:03 +0100

That is OK, but it is not quite that simple since it depends on the block size and percentage free space you are leaving...

Recommended book:-

Oracle Performance Tuning, 2nd Edition
Published by O'Reilly

By Mark Gurry & Peter Corrigan
2nd Edition, 1-56592-237-9, Order Number: 2379

Is definitely a good book for sizing and tuning in general. It is worth every penny. When I worked for Oracle consultants would swear by this book.

See the following link for an overview:-

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oracle2/

Nick