Table Sizing

From: Larawole <larawole_at_aol.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2001 12:37:02 GMT

I have read numerous books but I still have not found a book that describes how to accurately size a table

If I have a table

                      create table tableA
                      (column1 varchar2(20),
                       column2 char(5),
                       column3 number(5,2),
                       column4 number(4));

And I expect to have around 1000 rows in tableA. How do I calculate the storage parameters(estimate) without having to load sample data

Also if I have a unique index on column1, how do i size the index.

Many Thanks
Mikey Received on Thu Jun 21 2001 - 07:37:02 CDT