Using Oracle Reports6i to create export file

From: <browe_at_fleetcor.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:30:07 -0000

I am calling a Report from a Form via the below code:

Add_Parameter(V_Paramlist_Id,'PARAMFORM', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'NO');
Add_Parameter(V_Paramlist_Id,'DESTYPE', TEXT_PARAMETER,  'FILE');
Add_Parameter(V_Paramlist_Id,'DESNAME', TEXT_PARAMETER, V_Export_FileName);
Add_Parameter(V_Paramlist_Id,'DESFORMAT',TEXT_PARAMETER,'delimited');
Add_Parameter(V_Paramlist_Id,'DELIMITER',TEXT_PARAMETER,'TAB');
Add_Parameter(V_Paramlist_Id,'P_MONTH',TEXT_PARAMETER,P_Month);
Add_Parameter(V_Paramlist_Id,'P_YEAR',TEXT_PARAMETER,P_Year);
Add_Parameter(V_Paramlist_Id,'P_Name',TEXT_PARAMETER,:Parameter.P_Name);
Add_Parameter

(V_Paramlist_Id,'P_EMAILTO_ADDRESS',TEXT_PARAMETER,V_EmailTo_Address);

IF ID_NULL(V_Paramlist_Id) THEN

 	Message('Error creating parameter list: '|| V_Listname);
 	RAISE Form_Trigger_Failure;

END IF;

The report is TABULAR.
What I want to do is when a developer runs the report for testing and/or changes while in report builder the column labels should print above their respective columns and when called from the form when in production it should create a tab delimited file with the column labels omitted.

I've been able to get the column labels NOT to appear at the beginning of each row by specifying a format trigger on the group:

FUNCTION SUPPRESS_LABELStrig RETURN BOOLEAN IS BEGIN

 If :DESTYPE != 'Screen'  and
 	  :DESTYPE != 'Printer' and
 	  :DESTYPE != 'Preview'
 then
 	  return (FALSE);
 Else
 	  return (TRUE);

 end if;
END; The problem is even though the labels do NOT appear, it is still reserving space before each row for the labels by placing a TAB(the column delimiter) before the first column of data, and I know this is what's happening because I can delete the format trigger and the labels will appear again before each row?

How can I remove the TAB that is being inserted for the column headings?

TIA