Re: BLOBs

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:50:32 -0700

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> bad day daniel?

> "Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > root wrote:
> >
> > > Hi. I have a quick question.
> > >
> > > I have enherited a table that has a column that contains BLOBs.
> > >
> > > Is there any way of finding out what kind of data this contains?
> <snip>
>
> > if you don't know what is in the table
> > then you probably have no use of it and have far far better things to do
> > with your time. Try one of the following:
> >
> > TRUNCATE TABLE ...
> > DROP TABLE ...
> >
> > Daniel A. Morgan

No. But getting a table that contains data that you can't identify means that likely you don't need it either. Sort of like getting a table full of integer fields but no idea what the integers relate to. Not information, not data, just junk.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed Jun 20 2001 - 11:50:32 CDT