Re: Oracle OCI driver: Garbage after a failed getConnection()

From: Ole Streicher <ole-usenet-04_at_gmx.net>
Date: 20 Jun 2001 09:13:57 +0200

Hello N.J.!

njoneill_at_llnl.gov (N. J. O'Neill) writes:
> Yes, you should be able to use the "thin" (pure Java) driver on Linux,

This problem doesn't occur with my "thin" driver at all.

> unless there is some particular reason forcing you to use an OCI driver.

I am unfortunately forced to use the OCE driver: First of all, for speed reasons. And the "thin" driver shows some problems using large/many BLOBs.

That's why I was asking if I could just use the updated "classes12.zip" in the Solaris package with my original (8.1.6) libocijdbc8.so driver to solve the problem.

Tschuessi

Ole

P.S. This bug shows me, that OpenSource has a big advantage: If the OCI driver would be open sources, I could patch the linux driver myself. So I am bound to the fact that Oracle probably just forgot to apply the bugfix to the Linux part. Received on Wed Jun 20 2001 - 02:13:57 CDT