Re: Okay where do I start?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:22:40 -0700

<answers interspersed below>

Paul Schmidt wrote:

> Dear NG:
>
> One of my clients decided he wants to use Oracle, since I am not an
> Oracle expert, I have some questions.
>
> 1) My server runs Redhat 6.1 (Cartman), yeah I know that's old, so is
> the machine it runs on. My client runs NetWare 4.11 so can I
> reasonably expect that an application developed (using the Windows
> Client) using a Linux server, will run on a NetWare server, without
> causing problems.

Yes. But as you are not an "Oracle expert" I seriously question whether you will be able to deliver something without getting a mentor.

> 2) I live in Canada,.does anyone know where I can get a CD copy of
> the downloadable version, without downloading it, don't recommend the
> Oracle Store, it doesn't work from outside the US, and I don't have a
> T1 available to download it.

Phone Oracle or buy one of the books that has a copy included in the jacket. Or go to eBay and get one there.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 17:22:40 CDT