Re: Optimization of SQL Queries

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:05:56 -0700

Sylvain Benoist wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to optimize some SQL queries which are using some outer joins. I
> already used the tkproof utility of Oracle but I am not really able to
> interpret the results to rewrite the query which consume elapsed time and
> CPU time.
>
> Then, could someone tell me what are the main rules to rewrite a query ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sylvain BENOIST
>
> --
> Posted from glatton.cnchost.com [207.155.248.47]
> via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

In a simple posting to this usenet group? No. The SQL optimization class taught by Oracle is 3-4 days. There are 500 page books on the subject that don't cover it completely.

Why don't you post your SQL statement and perhaps someone can comment on it.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 00:05:56 CDT