Re: Oracle OCI driver: Garbage after a failed getConnection()

From: N. J. O'Neill <njoneill_at_llnl.gov>
Date: 19 Jun 2001 14:12:19 -0700

Yes, you should be able to use the "thin" (pure Java) driver on Linux, unless there is some particular reason forcing you to use an OCI driver. Note that, despite some people's protestations that "write-once-run-anywhere" is a fraud, the "thin" driver for both Solaris and NT is actually the same code.

Ole Streicher <ole-usenet-04_at_gmx.net> wrote in message news:<qfbsnkdco1.fsf_at_ebp00439.ebp.de>...

> ... but I found only drivers for NT and Solaris; nothing for Linux.
>
> Can I just use the Solaris one (they mentiuon it "pure java")?
>
> Ole

--N.J. O'Neill Received on Tue Jun 19 2001 - 16:12:19 CDT