Re: Oracle 9i (linux) download problem

From: Ian Barwick <SUNGLASSESbarwick_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:01:25 +0200

and TurkBear wrote:

> Its not an uncommon problem..You are 'timing out' on the connection - the
> download thinks it is complete since no more data is coming in, so no
> error is reported until you try to use the file..

If you are using Linux you can also use wget to do the download for you, which is far more reliable than using a browser. Simply provide your OTN user and password as the http user / password:

wget http://...oracle.com/...(whatever the file URI is)...--http-user=... --http-passwd=...

Ian Barwick

--
Remove SUNGLASSES to reply ;-)