Re: Hosting a database server

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 16:59:41 -0700

bullseye wrote:

> How does one go about finding hosting service for a database server?
> (Intention is to have users access the database from several locations.)
>
> Any reputable hosting companies to suggest? What should I ask of them?
> What should I watch out for (good as well as bad)? What would remote users
> need to access the database? Is a plain internet connection enough?
>
> If there is a better place to post this, let me know.
>
> thank you.

I can't recommend any though others may be able to do so.

I'd watch out for the following:

  1. Downtime
  2. Willingness to perform root functions for you
  3. Ability to log in as oracle and have the required privileges and disk space
  4. Ability to get 7x24 support without question
  5. Ability to seamlessly go elsewhere if they don't keep their word on 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Sun Jun 17 2001 - 18:59:41 CDT