Re: partitioning table

From: steve <E_at_E.COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:02:16 +0800

Hi,
yes I just found out.

I was under tha assumption that i could partition my data on a given col,then if I changed that col oracle would automatically move the data to another partition. But that is not the case.

the problem is that there are over 10k records, and if I do a select on col1=n where n is a number between 1-10, it's taking about 10-14 seconds to return the records that are needed, the users say it ain't fast enougth.

I want to devide the data up into descrete areas so that oracle knows where to find all the col1=n and does nto check the full 10k records. steve