UTL_FILE QUESTION

From: Richard Nield <richard.nield_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:28:57 +0100

 Hi

I am trying to copy lots of records from the dbase to a UTL_FILE on the server. My problem lies in the number of records retrieved and the file name. As the file has to be imported into excel after, I have to limit the records in each file to < 50000.

does any know if there is anyway way of using some sort of sequence alphabetically, as I can't use numbers in the file name?

 i.e filename = group||file_name

 where file name = AA for the 1st file

       then AB and so on

 or is there way of formatting the UTL_FILE in such a way as to avoid the Excel import wizard?

 Any help appreciated.

 Thanks

 Richard Received on Fri Jun 15 2001 - 12:28:57 CDT