Re: How to populate data from text or MS ACCESS file to ORACLE database?

From: Vladimir Ivanovich <vladimiri_at_bosmedtech.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:13:48 -0400

Jingkai,
1) Use a query in Access to format a data: Exp1: "INSERT INTO Oracle_Table_Name (fld_1,fld_2) VALUES(' " & [Access_fld_1] & " ',' " & [Access_fld_2] & " ');" Pay attention to single quotes within double quotes, there should be NO spaces between them. I spaced them for clarity. 2) save the query, and export it as txt file, fixed width. 3) It's ready to be loaded into the Oracle with SQLPlus:

    @file_name.txt

HTH,
Vladimir