Import errors on 8.1.6

From: Diana Fernandez <dianaf_at_meta4.es>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:21:01 +0200

    Hi, I', trying to import data from a different user (with the FROMUSER - TOUSER arguments) with the Oracle 8.1.6 IMP tool. Both users are in the same Oracle 8.1.6 server, the destination user is empty.

    The IMP tool seems to have a couple of bugs, it makes a mess with the names of the tablespaces: it tries to use the old one (the tablespace used by the FROMUSER user) instead of the new one (the one used by the TOUSER user) in these cases: on creating the constraints and on allocating new extents from the tables with CLOB fields.

    ¿Is there any way to workaroud this problem other than manually create the destination objects with SQL creation scripts (CREATE TABLE, ADD CONSTRAINT...)? I know the INDEXFILE option, but wouldn't like to use it if not necessary. ¿Can I use any other tool that works properly, or any other IMP version?

Thanks and regards. Received on Wed Jun 13 2001 - 11:21:01 CDT