Re: Executing a shell in a PL/SQL procedure

From: Bastiaan Schaap <fake_address_at_nomail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:32:50 +0200

Hi Matthieu,

Look into the dbms_pipe package. With this package you can create a message queue and put messages in it. You'd have to write a small deamon like program in pro*C that will run outside of the database, and 'listen' to the queue. The pro*C program on unix can execute a shell-script without any problems. I don't know if there's a developers guide with 8i, I do know that there are some very good examples in the Oracle 7.3 Developers guide in the section that explains dbms_pipe.

Next time please also try to browse through the messages within the newsgroup, since this question has been addressed a couple of times the last few days....

Good luck,

--
Bastiaan Schaap