Re: Group by week

From: Vladimir Ivanovich <vladimiri_at_bosmedtech.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:53:03 -0400

Information like this is easily found in the manuals. If you would refer to your SQL Manual chapter on functions you will see that the to_char and to_date functions support several WEEK formats including one based on the first day of the year and another based on the ISO standard. Note that in these examples I have not bothered to take differences in years into account.

select to_char(created,'IW') as ISO, count(*) from dba_objects
group by to_char(created,'IW')

IS COUNT(*)
-- ----------
43 3
44 6
45 5
46 3
49 19
50 20
51 2

select to_char(created,'WW') as "1DAY", count(*) from dba_objects
group by to_char(created,'WW')

1D COUNT(*)
44 6
45 5
46 3
49 19
50 20
51 2

Please refer to Chapter 4, Functions, Oracle8i SQL Reference for more information.