Ref cursors

From: mk <mkocha_at_ctp.com>
Date: 11 Jun 2001 06:31:43 -0700

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the use of ref cursors-

This is what I would like to do in a stored proc-  a refcursor (a selected set of data)-process each row in the refcursor (with some business logic-each row could be processed differently) and finally return the same ref cursor out

The only way that i am aware of this being possible is inserting each row in a temp table after processing it and then opening a cursor on that table-this might be expensive since we are processing transactions in millions/per day!

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks
MK Received on Mon Jun 11 2001 - 08:31:43 CDT