Re: ./runInstaller doesn't install

From: Nicolas Bronke <newsgroup_at_trinity.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:48:56 +0200

> Nothing happens from then, no prompt no installer.

Search for my task about Oracle 8.1.7 and Mandrake 8. (Here and in alt.os.linux.mandrake)

Their you will find, that for running the installer you need an update of glibc. After this the Installer runs. But there is an additional bug. That mean run the installer without creating the database. I downloaded it from a mirror page of Mandrake 8.

Now you need a patch from the oracle homepage.

> http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/oracle8i/files/READMEglib213.html
> http://download.oracle.com/otn/linux/oracle8i/glibc-2.1.3-stubs.tar.gz

After installing this you can create your database.

Regards

Nicolas Received on Mon Jun 11 2001 - 06:48:56 CDT