ias 9i - Portal - root.sh and launch.sh

From: Henner Graubitz <graubitz_at_wiwi.hu-berlin.de>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 15:46:31 GMT

Hi,

I try to install Portal (Minimal Selection of Oracle ias 9i ) on Solaris and
got some problems:

I installed Oralce 8.1.7 and as suggestion of technet.oracle.com I installed Oracle
9i ias in a different $ORACLE_HOME

1st problem : near the end of the installation the root.sh script does not work -

              I will get the following error.log

              "Please delete any log and trace files previously
                created by the Oracle Enterprise Manager Intelligent
                Agent. These files may be found in the directories
                you use for storing other Net8 log and trace files.
                If such files exist, the OEM IA may not restart."

The script looks like to delete any logs and traces itself and I do not get any message of
success. Is there anything ok ?

2nd problem :
Installing the portal server with launch.sh : If I set $silent=false the error.log can not
connect to sqlplus as sys (I typed in the correct pass)and hangs up with the following error.log

SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Fri Jun 8 10:43:38 2001

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

ERROR:
ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

Enter user-name:

If I set $silent=true the launch.sh hangs up (as the error log reported) with a java.lang.NullPointerException. (Error log to long for the newsgroup)

Following questions :

Thanks for any advance

Henner / Berlin / Germany Received on Sun Jun 10 2001 - 10:46:31 CDT