spooling csv file from table (problems)

From: Nicholas Mudie <nmudie_at_chello.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 13:34:04 GMT

Hello,

I;m trying to spool the contents of a table to .csv format but when I do:

SQLPLUS> set heading off
SQLPLUS> set feedback off
SQLPLUS> spool factors.csv
SQLPLUS> select tstamp|| ',' ||pkg|| ','||prod from cfga.factors;

spool off

This runs fine and adds the records to the file but what happens is that the .csv file has this at the top

SQLPLUS> select tstamp|| ',' ||pkg|| ','||prod from cfga.factors;

ok, so I could VI to my file and take this out but I have huge files which vi can't cope with. There must be a spool command that ONLY writes the records to the file and not everything that you type.

so, my question is...WHAT is the command which stops the sql statement being written to the file?

Regards,
Nicholas
Chello Received on Sat Jun 09 2001 - 08:34:04 CDT