Re: space for table

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 17:59:50 +0200

"tim" <zimzo_at_gmx.net> wrote in message
> I know that this question might be a 'newbie'-one but my oracle-knowledge
 is
> not so wide-spread yet that i can anser it by myself.
>
> I am working through an Oracle book as user 'practice/practice' (on my
> personal computer) and i have got the impression that if a table gets too
> big, that is when it has more data in it than the smaller ones, Oracle
> doesn't store the data when i close the program, so i have to fill the
> tables again every time.
> This is espescially annoying when it comes to a table like the
 LEDGER-table
> of the course which has many pages of data in it that i have to copy and
> paste and error-corrigate.
> My guess is that there is a certain space which is allowed and if i get
> beyond that, data is not stored anymore. Is this true and how can i set
 this
> value up a bit so that i dont have to type in everything again?
>
> Thanks for help in advance
> ;-)
> zimzo

This is *NOT* true.
As your post for the rest doesn't contain any clue to what is really happening (any error messages?) I believe you should come up with further details before your concern can be adressed. It looks like you either never commit, or you have an error which results in rollback. As you don't specify what this error is, I can't provide any appropiate advice.
It is, BTW, not forbidden (it is indeed mandatory) to read the Oracle Concepts Manual.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Fri Jun 08 2001 - 10:59:50 CDT