ASP ORACLE and UNICODE

From: Alessandro Rodilosso <a.rodilosso_at_esalab.it>
Date: 8 Jun 2001 06:47:11 -0700

Hi there,
I set an ASP application that interfaces with oracle dbms via stored procedures
I noticed that input parameters of stored procedures of VARCHAR2 type are translated by the oledb provider into unicode strings. The asp application runs on a NT4 server while the oracle 7.3.4 runs on a solaris 2.7 server machine.
So a string such as 'fred' is unsderstood by oracle as 'f r e d ' where the blanks are zero values.

I can't work around this problem . Can anyone give me a hint to have the correct translation?

Regards

Alessandro Received on Fri Jun 08 2001 - 08:47:11 CDT