Re: What is Analyze ?

From: Default <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 15:06:41 -0700

Arif wrote:

> There is a popular SQL script called analyze.sql
>
> 1. What does this script do to the database ?
>
> 2. Is it advisable to execute this script on all databases, or are
> there only certain cases where it helps to execute this script ?
>
> 3. My intent is to get user_tables and user_tab_columns tables
> populated. I know if I run Analyze.sql these tables get populated. Is
> there any other quicker way to get these two tables populated because
> analyze.sql takes too long to execute.
>
> Thanks
> AM

I have not a clue in the world whether the .SQL script you have with the name analyze.sql is the same one that I have ... or than anyone else has. You make an assumption lacking in foundation.

That said the many variations on analyze are the proper method way to populate the data dictionary views. If it takes too long then do it less frequently or use a faster variation of the statement.

For more information on analyze go to technet.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Fri Jun 08 2001 - 17:06:41 CDT