Re: Number of Parameters Passed In Procedure Call from Coldfusion

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 16:42:45 -0700

Robert Boyle wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I have developed a package which is called by Coldfusion, which I know
> little about. The package contains an overloaded procedure as it is
> called at different times by different sides of the process. So in one
> version of the overloaded procedure there is 14 Parameters and it
> works fine, in another version there is 24 parameters and it comes
> back with an ODBS error. If we change the call on the package to 15
> parameters (and alter the overloaded procedure accordingly) it works.
> Is there a limit on the number of parameters that Coldfusion can call?
> Or is it something to do with the ODBC driver?
>
> Thanks
> Robert

Or maybe it has to do with an Oracle limitation that I have never run into because it sounds just plain crazy to me to write a procedure that requires more than a handful of parameters. I'd devote my efforts to recoding it rather than trying to extend the environment.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Thu Jun 07 2001 - 18:42:45 CDT