Problem installing Personal Edition for WIndows 98

From: Ray Brizzi <fmsorigray_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 19:03:54 GMT

I am trying to install Personal Edition for Windows 98 under Windows ME.

 I unzip the downloaded package (psoracl81698.zip) eto a directory called Orainst. I start running Setup.exe.

There seems to be a problem with the directory structure. There are no spaces in the source or directory path which was the only warning that I saw in the installation doc. I have 1.5 GB available on the C drive.

The two paths selected by the system are:

C:\Orainst\STAGE\products.jar for source  and
C:\ORAINST\STAGE\COMPONENTS\ORACLE.SWD.JRE\1.1.7.24\1\DATAFILES\EXPANDED\JRE \WIN32\BIN\..\\Oracle\Ora81 for the destination.

When I continue at this point, I get a popup Error window that says:

There was a problem in accessing the staging area. Please make sure the specified values for 'Source' and 'Destination' are valid.

It looks like the destination path may be too long, so I changed the destination to a new directory I created called C:\Ora but I still get the same error.

Any ideas? Is the default source directory incorrect ? Received on Wed Jun 06 2001 - 14:03:54 CDT