Deferrable constraints in stored procedures

From: Steve Nyberg <stevenyberg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2001 14:06:30 -0700

Is there a way to add SQL like the following, which works fine in SQL Plus and Toad, to a stored procedure? This code is used for cascading updates of PK/FK fields in multiple tables. My guess is the SET CONSTRAINTS line is not valid in PL/SQL, even when I've added a SET TRANSACTION READ WRITE before it. Is there a workaround to do this in a procedure? Thanks in advance,

Steve

SET CONSTRAINTS ALL DEFERRED;
update route set routeareaid=0 where routenbr=888; update subroute set routeareaid=0 where routenbr=888; COMMIT; Received on Wed Jun 06 2001 - 16:06:30 CDT