database link - SQL getting chopped off?

From: Dan A. <nospam_at_email.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 22:16:54 -0700

We have some SQL here that uses a database link. It works fine in most of our
environments, but when we try and execute it in our production environment, we get an error.

insert into table1
select field1, field2 from remotetable_at_otherdb b where b.field3 = 'X'
 and b.field4 = 'Y'

(The real SQL is much longer.) It usually errors out with an ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel. When we start reducing the where clauses, (down to a total of about 2120 bytes for the whole SQL statement) it will work.

One test actually worked with the full SQL but the results were as if the last line of the where clause was never part of the SQL statement. It returned many more rows than the full where clause would have allowed.

Is there a parameter to set the number of bytes a database link can handle???

Any other ideas out there?

Thanks for any info on this! -Dan Received on Wed Jun 06 2001 - 00:16:54 CDT