Re: PL/SQL and DEBUG, which tool ?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 22:58:09 -0700

stefano mura wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I must debug a very long procedure written in PL/SQL.
> Which tool do you suggest me to debug that procedure ?
>
> Thanks very much
>
> Stefano, Italy

You can get SQL Navigator, or TOAD, or probably a few dozen other products. But I find that most of the time I get more than adequate help for my debugging by just typing SHOW ERR in SQL*Plus. And for runtime errors using DBMS_OUTPUT or an insert into a debug table of my own creation.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed Jun 06 2001 - 00:58:09 CDT