Install ORACLE8i on Win2000 machine: Install phase 2 of component

From: Ronda Underwood <runderwood_at_crs.loc.gov>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 15:14:05 -0400

Hi,

We're trying to install Oracle 8i on a Win2000 Professional machine. Each time we try the installation (as Application programmer), the Install reaches 100% and then simply disappears. The log file created by the installer ends with this comment:

"Calling action w32OcxRegActions1.7.0.17.0 RegisterOCX  OcxPath = C:\Oracle\Ora81\bin\oip8.dll
 WorkingDir = C:\Oracle\Ora81\bin

Starting install install phase 2 of component Assistant Common Files"

We've tried this six times and each time it just ends at this point. Has anyone seen this before?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ronda
runderwood_at_crs.loc.gov Received on Tue Jun 05 2001 - 14:14:05 CDT