Re: URGENT -- After WINNT reinstallation, ORACLE not start again

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 13:14:28 +0200

If all the files are still there
(which you don't specify. You didn't format those drives did you?) you should be capable of creating a new instance by means of the Oracle Instance Manager in dos-mode.
However, you probably should first try to start the instance standalone (to check whether it still works at all) by issuing an oradim command in a dos box (oradim -? provides you with all the available options, otherwise please dig up that Oracle for NT getting started manual).
If that doesn't work, please come up with specific error messages, other than 'it doesn't work'. Looks like you did zilch to resolve your own problem before you started posting.
Also : please post this to .server only.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA